AHA MEDIA at Canadian Tire Hockey School Skills Camp with former Canucks Dave Babych and Garry Valk at Rogers Arena in Vancouver
On Sunday Feb 13, 2011 at Rogers Arena, young hockey players from Vancouver will learn skills straight from NHL Alumni – former Canucks Garry Valk and Dave Babych – as part of the Canadian Tire Hockey School Skills Camp. The Vancouver camp is one of a series of one-day training sessions taking place across Canada, designed in partnership with the NHL. The camps are presented by Canadian Tire Hockey School, a free online resource that provides kids, parents, coaches and fans with information about equipment, skills and training from the experts.
Canadian Tire Hockey School
Canadian Tire, the NHL and Stanley Cup® Winner Jonathan Toews are proud to announce another Canadian hockey first, the Canadian Tire Hockey School, in partnership with the NHL. As Canada’s largest retailer of sporting equipment and a brand steeped in Canadian history, Canadian Tire is who Canadians trust for their first pair of skates, stick, helmet and pads. Over the past 90 years, Canadian Tire has equipped millions of first-time hockey players from head to toe.
Canadian Tire Hockey School – Canadiantirehockeyschool.ca
- In partnership with the NHL, Canadian Tire Hockey School (CTHS) will be the trusted resource for Canadian hockey players, parents, coaches and hockey fans.
- CTHS will deliver a full range of tips, drills, training and equipment advice that will help develop young players as they progress through their hockey career. For example:
o How to lace your skates/tape your stick
o Gear-fitting guide
o Hockey costs, expenses, nutrition
o Coaching and Leadership
o Skating tips, tricks and techniques from NHL experts
- Jonathan Toews, Stanley Cup® Champion and team captain of the Chicago Blackhawks, has joined Canadian Tire’s all-star team, as the founding member and official spokesperson of the CTHS. Jonathan will provide ongoing content based on his professional and minor hockey participation.
- Whether it’s to play on a backyard rink or advance in their local house league, CTHS offers practical insights into how to mentor, parent and become a well-rounded player.
- Through exclusive access to e-newsletters, articles and videos, CTHS will offer members fun and helpful content:
o Kids – Provide the training and information they need to build confidence and a lifelong enjoyment of the game
o Parents – Provide the knowledge, tools and confidence to be the role model for their children as they develop as hockey players
o Coaches – Provide a guide to developing young hockey players, including skills, drills, equipment, health and fitness information
o Fans – Provide a one-stop shop to support their hockey rituals, delivering relevant hockey content, tickets and promotions, and their favourite gear and merchandise
Further developing a grassroots connection in Canadian communities, Canadian Tire will launch the Canadian Tire Hockey School NHL Skills Camps. These unique Camps will provide lucky minor hockey players the opportunity to develop and grow their skills through on and off ice skill development sessions led by experienced NHL hockey experts, with appearances by NHL alumni and coaches. The first of six Canadian Tire Hockey School NHL Skills Camps during the 2010-2011 season will take place in Winnipeg, MB on September 21, 2010. Details for how to win the chance for your child to be a part of one of these exciting Camps will be available through http://www.canadiantirehockeyschool.ca in late August.
Kids, Parents, Coaches and Fans can sign up for Canadian Tire Hockey School by visiting CanadianTireHockeySchool.ca
Below are photos of Peter Davies of AHA MEDIA