On April 21, 2015, just after 12 noon, a huge 3 alarm fire destroyed the Daisy Garden restaurant in Chinatown, Vancouver
CPR exhibition at Chinese Cultural Centre Museum
130th Anniversary photos, historic artifacts and documents exhibition of CPR – Canadian Pacific RailwayThe exhibition is sponsored by Faye Leung, SBC Restaurant, Extreme Dream Art Society, DTES Street Market, Ing Suey Sun Tong Association of Vancouver, UBC’s Asian Library and the Chinese Stamp and Numismatic Society of Canada.
Chinese Stamps and Numismatic Society of Canada 加拿大中華郵幣學會 helps to celebrate Premier’s Lunar New Year Reception 2015 with Dr. Jan Walls, MLA Richard Lee and Premier Christy Clark at Floata Restaurant in Vancouver’s Chinatown.
Beautiful Lucky Year of the Horse!
On June 22, 2006, on behalf of the Government of Canada, the Prime Minister apologized in the House of Commons for the implementation of the Chinese Head Tax. As part of the apology and redress the Conservatist government decided to compensate the surviving Head Tax payers and surviving spouse of Head Tax payers only.
The objectives of the Head Tax Families Society of Canada are:
1. to seek a just and honourable redress for all families affected by the Chinese Head Tax and the exclusionary Chinese Immigration Acts,
2. to educate Canadians on the contributions of Chinese pioneers, and
3. to promote racial harmony amongst all Canadians
The Head Tax Families Society of Canada believes an inclusive redress begins with the Three Manifests:
1. The Government of Canada will recognize and acknowledge redress is incomplete;
2. The Government of Canada will commit to good faith negotiations with Head Tax families currently excluded from the June 22, 2006 announcement and who are seeking direct redress; and
3. The Government of Canada will act in the spirit of one certificate, one claim